Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Etsy vs. ArtFire

They say that imitation is the best form of flattery and this is absolutely true with the latest in internet artisan selling sites. For some time I have been selling my aprons on Etsy with a margin of success. I have had some doubts about the whole Etsy selling process, so this is why I am glad to say, there is a new kid on the block! That's right, boys and girls, someone has taken the best of Etsy and created a new site: Artfire

What makes Artfire so much better: NO FEES!!! I know, it's really hard to believe, but there it is. You can list up to ten items in your store for free. Even better, you can join right now and only pay $7.00 per month forever. For this small amount you can list as many items as often as you want for only $7.00 per month. The monthly charge can even be deducted from your PayPal account.

My favorite feature, though, has to be the listing page. Just one page to list an item. It takes about 1 minute for me to do a listing. You can be typing in your description while all of your pictures are uploading. Yes, I said that correctly. No more waiting for each individual picture to upload; now just click on the upload pictures. Fill in the rest of your information while you wait. What could be easier!

Finally, another super-duper feature on ArtFire is this: EVERYONE GETS ON THE FRONT PAGE. Yep! When you upload your item to sell it goes directly to the front page. Right now, because the site is so new, it stays on the front page for a bit!

So head on over to my new store and see what the fuss is all about! If you want A FREE FIREART ACCOUNT, just click this phrase: Register on ArtFire.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I love your aprons. I am hosting a Spring Clean Challenge at my blog. I would love my Give A Way to be a APRON I PURCHASE for the winner. IS that Okay? I will be drawing a person name on April 30th and I will let them choose from your collection and then purchase it for them. Is this ok?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...