My husband has the tidiest garage of anyone we know. He has what I call tools and skills. He has built us furniture, recently added a deck, and (at a previous house) built what I called The Garden Mansion (a grandiose storage shed with a porch, three windows, and a porch swing). I'm really not compaining; I know I am a lucky gal!However, these skills combined with tool ownership and the heart of a neat freak have caused him to be somewhat critical of the way I keep my sewing studio. So, when Saturday rolled around and it was showing signs of raining all day, he descended upon my studio and declared it was getting a storage makeover!
Some things are never as easy as they may seem. The Container Store in Austin is 22 miles from our house and we were prepared with measurements, etc. It took us two days and three trips back and forth to actually achieve a storage system to satisfy any neat freak! I have to admit, I really love what he has done. I truly am the happiest person when I sewing in my little studio...I just hope I can live up to my husband's expectations!
3 comments:
THis is great! Is he for hire?
I wish he'd come do my garage. I can't even drive into it!
Dropped by from SITS.
fabulous! that reminds me how much I really need to get my craft space sorted out... it's on my list of things to do, somewhere.
Post a Comment