I have just returned from the Quilt Market in Houston which is part of the annual International Quilt Festival. I was in search of fresh ideas for my Etsy store, hoping for both information and inspiration! It didn't take me very long to realize that there is talent and then there is TALENT. Sadly, after viewing the quilts on display as well as the various vendor booths, I have determined that this level of talent completely escapes me.They say that ignorance is bliss and such was the case with me. While there, I realized that I had entered a realm of sewing that I did not know existed. Overwhelmed and completely outclassed, I had moments of doubt about my alleged sewing abilities.
Still, all was not lost. I will continue to pursue apron sewing with the same passion and enthusiasm as before. I will still sew in my emotions and feelings, and then blog about them here. Most of all, I will always be inspired by the generations of apron-wearing women who came before me. My true passion is to connect these women with you, one apron at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment