And now for the truly random. On Saturday,while minding my own business and piddling around in my kitchen, I heard this really unusual sound and saw this shadow pass by my windows. I actually though a plane was about to land in my yard! Instead, this is what we saw, landing almost in our backyard!
Since we live next door to the
I have to admit, if I had a balloon, I would've been out in it on Saturday! It was one of those perfect Texas winter days with a deep blue sky and a high of about 60 degrees. I always think beautiful winter days like this are our reward for enduring the brutal Texas summer.
I've been pondering all week on how to turn this incident into an apron and I just can't come up with any ideas. Pass any ideas along if you have one!
4 comments:
Wow, how amazing. You could do an apron with lots of balloons on it showing the landing right in your back yard. With you at the kitchen window looking surprised! Glad to have found you via SITS.
Hi, Texas gal...I'm one, too!!
I'm bj and just over from SITS.
How exciting to have this thang land so close to you...amazing.
Hope your weather in Austin is warmer than our's out here in West Texas today....brrrr but no more snow ...yet.
I'm signing up to follow...come by to see me when you can..
xo bj
My grandparents had this happen once. It must have been so cool to watch it land. Stopping from SITS!
We can see 3 or 4 balloon on ant decent Saturday morning. I am assuming we must live fairly close. I am actually in Round Rock.
My kids love watching the balloons. We have yet to be lucky enough to actually see one land though.
Stumbled upon your blog through tip junkie.
Beautiful aprons.
Post a Comment