Saturday, June 12, 2010

NESTING

Right now both of my main sewing machines are at the sewing center getting a good cleaning which has allowed me time to focus on machine embroidery.  I also wanted to add a little variety to my Etsy store.  I had all of these really nice kitchen towels and decided to embroider as many as I could from my Feathered Beauties collection. 

What I love about these designs is their density with each bird having around 15,000 stitches. For those of you who know a little about machine embroidery, I used a dissolve-away mesh for my stabilizer with a Sulky Super Solvy on the top.  Even after the stabilizers are removed, the designs are never going anywhere.  These kitchen towels will be beautiful for a long time. 
post signature

1 comment:

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

Hi: I love your towels. Are you "free motion" sewing or does your machine actually do embroidery stitches? They are so beautiful and full of detail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...