Why does this matter. Two girls who have rehearsals seven days a week. One full week rehearsing in the theater. Butterflies. Breakdowns (by dance moms, not dancers), costume fittings. Did I mention crazy dance moms. You do the math.
I never even started Christmas shopping until after the last performance, somewhere around December 20th. I mean not one single gift purchased, wrapped, or even thought about until the Nutcracker was over. Nothing, nada, zip. Until the costumes were back at the warehouse.
Let me tell you that this kind of pressure can produce results. No hemming and hawing. Total clarity.
Here's the bonus: When you wait until December 22nd to start your Christmas shopping you will find the deals. I mean awesome, save your booty kind of deals. Maybe not the latest fad gift, but things like cashmere lined leather gloves and designer digs 50% off.
Did you know that most department stores still gift wrap? You just saved a bundle on the gifts, so drop those suckers off and go have a cup of coffee, get a mani/pedi, or just watch the frantic crowds. Pick up your gifts an hour later and you're done. I did this for years. Usually got it all done in two long days.
It's not too late to get started...
1 comment:
All done. We had our celebration last weekend. I am kind of melancholy about it though. Really like celebrating on THE day.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day and Blessed New Year.
Post a Comment