Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Day at the Nursery

blues-man_gde
This is how I feel about the plants in my garden.  I love them and want to serenade them.

St. Paddy’s Day signals Central Texan’s it is time to ‘plant stuff in your yard.’  Apparently I am not the only one who gets this this signal.  Going to the nursery is almost impossible.  After church on Sunday we stopped by my favorite nursery; it was so crowded that I just hopped out of the truck, went to see if there were any veggies left (there weren’t) while Mr. Seasoned Homemaker circled the block and picked me up again.  Now, I ask, how am I going to serenade a bell pepper if I cannot get one to put in the ground.

When I woke up today, it had rained and is still a little rainy.  Perfect!  This is my favorite time to visit the nursery.  Sewing will have to wait because I’m gonna have the place to myself.  I can grab my peppers and squash, pet the burro, visit the chickens, and browse through the seeds.
  
Heaven on earth….

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...