The site was started by Deepika Prakish after she wanted to find reviews of sewing patterns and realized that such a site did not exist. It's an awesome site and you can join for free or purchase an annual membership which has some perks.
You may not know this but right now as I write, South by Southwest (SXSW) is happening all over Austin until March 19th. I shall not attempt to eat out. Well, Deepika and her sweet family are here for SXSW Interactive (the place where Twitter launched!).
So, those of us who love her site had a little reception for Deepika (and family) on Friday night at TexStyles (it's an awesome fabric store that has no website, off and on hours, flash sales, and no cash register - Austin sewists love this place).
So why does this matter...well, here's the deal-e-o about PR. I recently did a nothing special review on the Collette Sorbetto and I posted my review and a bit about adding sleeves. Nothing real exciting, except, a lady named Marg K all the way in Australia noticed that the picture of my shirt was not a thumbnail and she wrote to tell me how to fix this. How totally awesome is that!!! I may never get t o meet Marg K, but we have been messaging back and forth several times. Marg K. went out of her way to explain something so that I would be able to share what I know.
Deepika did that...that's why we love her and her site. I'm so glad I got to meet her. I wanted her to know that she created this awesome, worldwide, community that allows us to share what we know and, in turn, learn from those who know more.
Thanks, Deepika!


3 comments:
I wish I was there!!! TexStyles rocks and Deepika does too!!
Leslie, it was so nice meeting you. I enjoyed hearing your story and shopping for fabric with you. Thanks for such kind words. Keep sewing and keep sharing!
Thank you so much, Leslie, for coming to and documenting the party! I had so much fun!!
Post a Comment