Now that I've gotten my pattern the way I like it, I'm going to trace a new one. I really like to use the woven material that is made for pattern making, but I was out (and it's pricey). I then thought I'd use some sew-in interfacing because it works well and holds up nicely. I usually try to buy large amounts when Joann's has 50% off sales. Oops, out of that, too. I did have some freezer paper, which works great because it can be pressed down and will cling to your fabric, but I wanted to save this for two upcoming applique classes I'm teaching.
What I'm left with is a piece of pattern tracing paper my mom gave me. It is still paper, but very sturdy. Of course, you could use newspaper, butcher paper, or even more tissue paper. What you really want to do is make a final pattern that will be sturdy enough for all of your future t-shirt making.
Next, I carefully traced around my pattern pieces, traced the pattern markings, and recorded the pattern number and size. Since this is a M-L-XLG pattern, I'll just called it Large.
Now it is time to take my last piece of knit (and my favorite) for Round 4
Not much drama, here. Just a t-shirt. Which is what I was really angling for. I love this fabric with its burnout texture. It will look great with a light sweater of jacket. Which is great because this week the temperature has varied from 34 degrees up to 78 degrees.
A girl has to be prepared for anything.



1 comment:
I am learning every time I check in Leslie. I think I am slowly getting that you just have to do it several times before it will be great. I love witnessing the process, thanks for sharing! (And yes, isn't this Central Texas weather just something else?)
Post a Comment