All I did here was take a Walmart zippered sweatshirt and applique a design to the front.
First, I drew a design on some freezer paper, cut it out and transferred it to Steam A Seam 2.
Next, I rough cut the designs (that means I left a small margin around the edges) on the Steam A Seam 2 then ironed these onto the back of my fabric.
Now, I carefully cut out my designs with the Steam A Seam 2 fused on the back of the fabric and placed them onto my sweatshirt.
This part is what I love about Steam A Seam 2; it allows me to place things where I want them without having to iron, yet. It grabs the fabric so I can play around with the placement. So, I did this until I got everything perfectly placed. Then I zapped it with the steam iron.
The only thing left to do is stitch it down. I used a zigzag stitch, but a straight stitch placed close to the fabric edge would be cute, too.
This is also a great way to spiff up your kid’s hoodies. You are only limited by your imagination. If you need more help with applique, see my tutorial.
No comments:
Post a Comment