This is so easy, even your dog could do it – well maybe help you.
All you need is a t-shirt, and second piece of t-shirt fabric (possibly from an old t-shirt) and something you want to applique.
I’m using the number 5 in an athletic font. It has been blown up to font size 350. Any simple design will work.
Step 1:
Place the design onto your t-shirt and trace with a removable marker. I’ve used a water soluble marking pencil.
Step 2:
Cut a piece of fabric to be placed on the inside of shirt a little larger than the design.
Step 3:
Pin under-fabric to the back of the design.
Step 4:
Straight stitch on top of the design outline. Since this is knit, I am going to straight stitch using a ball point needle. However, you can do a zigzag or other stitch if you prefer.
Step 5:
Trim away the excess fabric on the under side. Be careful not to cut into the design.
Step 6:
Cut inside the stitching line and remove the fabric. Go s-l-o-w-l-y when cutting. It would be very easy to cut all the way through. I am using some pointy scissors that curve up at the end.
That’s all there is to it! Once it is washed and dried, it will look even better.
Perfect for a little boy on his 5th birthday!
2 comments:
It is pretty perfect!
That looks so cool and easy, too! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Visiting from the Wow Me Wednesday party!
sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com
Post a Comment